Running low on memory?? Androidica comes to your rescue. Read the below article carefully and follow the steps chronologically. We take no responsibility for the damage it may cause to your device!
For all those who own Galaxy mini S5570 smartphone, here flows in the great news as in the due course of this article we will be discussing about on how you can choose the internal memory without much issues. This work around will actually increase the internal memory so that you can make the most out of your memory space without compromise on your applications use. The best part of this work around is that you need not install any custom ROMs in your phone, all you need is a memory cardwhich is formatted in the FAT 32 file system and last but not the least, you can apply this work around with the help of Odin which is the best part. This fix will enable you to increase your internal memory to a whopping 1GB plus which even Samsung Galaxy S2 doesn’t have it.
So let’s check out the same with the help of simple instructions but please it’s recommended from our side to back up all the data present in your phone so that just in a rare case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps. We are really thankful of Doc_cheilvenerdi.org user in XDA who has come up with this fix.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Notes – Manually save the notes in your mail as these will be lost in the process of firmware update
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- By applying this method there is no way that you will be losing the warranty and the warranty will be intact. Up next enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone. Enable USB Debugging in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked in your phone.
- Also last but not the least, you need to ensure that the phone is left with the minimum charge of 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you are now ready to proceed.
Procedure to Increase Internal Memory of 1GB+ in your Galaxy mini:
- First up you need to Download TASS OPS file along with the Odin from here to your computer. Up next, you need to dial *#1234# from here to your computer after which you need to note down the PDA code which is shown in your phone.
- After this, download the appropriate Boot image by the below mentioned PDA options.
- PDA=S5570XXKPF (2.3.3)
- PDA=S5570AIKQ3 (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570DXKPD (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570JPKQ8 (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570XIKQC (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570XXKPI (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570XXKPK (2.3.4)
- PDA=S5570JPKS1 (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570XWKS2 (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570XWKS7 (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570XXKS4 (2.3.5)
- PDA=S5570DDKQ7 (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570JVKT1 (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570LWMKPJ (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570LWMKPO (2.3.6)
- PDA=S5570XWKT7 (2.3.6)
- Up next, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your phone so as to enter your Galaxy mini in download mode.
- Turn Off your phone. Press volume down key + OK button + power button simultaneously at the same time. Refer the below video tutorial on how to enter your mobile into downloading mode.
- Once, the mobile is in downloading mode, using USB cable connect your phone with the PC/Laptop. After connecting the USB, the ID:COM block on Odin tool will turn into yellow color as shown in the screenshot below.
- In Odin, you need to ensure that all the below mentioned conditions are satisfied so as to ensure that this option is performed safely.
Tick option “Protect OPS”,
Click on “OPS” tab to select “TASS_v1.0.ops”,
Click on “PDA” to select “Downloaded PDA File”
- After all the above selections, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of internal memory increase.
Once the process is completed, phone will be restarting. Please note that just in case if there are any issues then do let us know in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.